Monday, February 24, 2020

The Baptism of SONIA!!



Despite all the obstacles that were thrown in our way... HERMANA SONIA IS NOW BAPTIZED AS OF SATURDAY!!! It may have been scheduled for 7 PM and delayed until 8 PM at the last second and then they couldn't actually show up until 9 and FINALLY performed the ordinance at 9:30... pero lo hemos hecho! (We have done it!). I was really nervous to actually perform it but in the moment when I started saying the prayer I could feel the spirit so strongly helping me even in my memory of her name (they are always really long and strange here - but luckily hers is more normal!) and the words I needed to say.

We've literally just had people contacting us as we walk by in the street asking for lessons and we both know that we only are receiving these miracles and mercies from Him because we are trying to be strictly obedient and serve in the Lord's appointed way.

Just a little story from the week, about a month ago we had a ministering activity with all of the Elders in the zone in my ward to visit the less active members, Elder Leinheart and I passed by for one house in particular where the child came out on the balcony and just told us no one was home. Fast forward to NOW, I was in intercambios with Elder Leinheart, and we just so happened to walk past this same house on the way to an appointment. We just hear "ELDERES - ESPEREN!!" from the same balcony and she RUSHES down. It turns out this sister is the aunt of the child who told us no one as home, and she (the child) wants to take the lessons along with all of her brothers and sisters!! I'm really excited to start working with this family and hopefully reactivate and animate them all!

"MISter GRIngo Buenas Tardes!"
- A Random Hermana Who Passed Us in The Street

Hope you are all doing so well! I'm constantly praying for your safety and happiness especially. Let me know if any of you ever need ANYTHING!

Elder Pollock de Barrio La Legua - San Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment