Monday, February 10, 2020

Already P-Day again!

Wow I can't believe it's already P-Day again! This week was super awesome and just flew by!

Tuesday we had a Multi-Zone Conference with half the mission and President Strong and for president strong's presentation of Christ's visit to the Americas and explaining the doctrine had people read quotes off the projector and one Elder reads: "Buscar diligentemente a los mujeres"(Diligently seek the women) instead of *Buscar Diligentemente a los mejores maneras* (Diligently seek the best ways) and it took everything in me and everyone around to keep ourselves from bursting out laughing. 

ALSO ON TUESDAY ::: HERMANA SONIA HAS ACCEPTED THE 22ND AS HER BAPTISMAL DATE!!! We have been teaching her for a few weeks now and she really loves the teachings of the gospel and has such a strong understanding that this church is THE church that Jesus Christ established on the Earth during his ministry, restored by Him with the same power and authority. Also her 5 year old son always gives me a fist bump after shaking my hand and he always, ALWAYS, NAILS my ring, destroying his hand. (Guess I'll just have to switch my fist bump hand).

Also Elder Manani and I were just walking between citas talking and he says "Elder voy a extrañar mi misión mucho"(Elder I'm going to miss my mission so much). "Obviamente Elder igual" (Same here). Los Dos: "... PERO" (BUT). So basically we're both very excited for this time that we have AND are so excited for our lives to come.

Also I realized that something that makes me feel more at home here is cooking! So I've been learning how to find all the ingredients I need here and have made Pancakes (with homemade Syrup - thank you Mom!), a French Omelette, Arepas, and I found all the stuff to make Flour Tortillas for tacos and breakfast burritos so I'm SO EXCITED for that.

One last thing: This Thursday our leaders told us we have an "Emergency Meeting about Obedience" for last Saturday, so basically everybody thought something super sad happened. They gather us all in the chapel of the stake center, call us out to a different room companion by companion, and as soon as you walk into the room it's just filled with TONS of pizza so basically they just pulled a giant prank on our whole zone (yet.. nobody seemed to mind 🤔). My companion got the real big end of it as they sent me out with a different companionship and just told him "the assistants are going to come in to talk to you personally" just to pick on him extra HA.

I hope you are all doing so well! I'm praying for all of you! Let me know if there is absolutely anything that I can do for y'all!!

Elder Pollock




No comments:

Post a Comment