Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Hello All WEEK 2!!

OKAY the past week has been amazing and while it has gone by so fast I feel like SO MUCH has happened. It's like everyone says the days go by like weeks and the weeks like days.

I'll start with the most recent news, last night, two Elders went home from the CCM. It was really really hard to see them go. One was from my district and he went home for health reasons and as I counseled with him everyone agreed that once he's taken care of it he'll be right back out. I was completely fine until he gathered his things and walked out of class. As soon as he was gone I just started bawling in front of my district and all which is a little embarrassing but it helped me to understand how important this work is and what it means for someone to go home. It showed me the love I have for my district already even without me realizing I had it. I feel like I understand Christ's love for us so much more through this service. Please keep these Elders in your prayers, they'll both be coming right back out real soon.

So every Sunday we have the opportunity to have choir practice for an hour and a half and it is one of my favorite parts of the week. The spirit is so strong and I absolutely love bearing my testimony and hearing the testimony of others through singing. My Favorite Song was: Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing. GO LISTEN TO IT, from the BYU choir or from general conference it doesn't matter because they are both breathtaking. I hadn't really heard it before but it has a special spirit that accompanies it.

On Saturday all of the missionaries serving in Peru were able to go out into the field and spend the afternoon with the missionaries in the Lima Tambo mission, meaning that I was able to already do REAL MISSIONARY WORK so soon and early and it gave me such great motivation and the best part is the part that I was serving in is soon going to be part of the Lima Central Mission (MY MISSION) and I just knew that it is where I am meant to serve. Here are some pictures of us with our companions for the day:
SUNP0008.JPG
DSC01837.JPG


DSC01833.JPG

My feet already started hurting from all the walking and the "buses" (vans with many seats and overflowing with people) were real interesting but it was super fun! These Elders were both originally in the Lima Central Mission and they told us how AMAZING the mission president and his wife are. They celebrate all the holidays and have tons of mission wide events. Like for Christmas they have presents for everyone which is so sweet and I'm excited to serve under their direction.

They feed us really well here at the CCM, everyone jokes that the whole mission you're just working off the weight you gained in the CCM and I don't doubt it. I'm trying to get good at soccer again and learning how to juggle from all the latinos so I'm expecting to be a master at the end of the 5 weeks. Also something SO COOL is that later today we're blessed to have the opportunity to hear from Elder Bednar himself in person at the CCM and I am kind of freaking out because he's awesome.

You all make me so happy, and I hope that you're having the most wonderful day. I'm praying for all of you, and I've felt all your prayers and support. Thank you all.

To end off I want to share something I've studied this week: When Heavenly Father sent us here, He knew that we were going to make mistakes, and because He loves us so much, He sent His only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to redeem us. Just imagine the heartbreak He felt when he couldn't "remove (that) cup" from Christ while he suffered for all of our sins. He has given us this so that we might return to Him. It's there for us always, we need only to use it.

Love you all!

Elder Pollock


No comments:

Post a Comment