Monday, January 20, 2020

There's no way to really describe this week but CRAZY fast.



We have just had activity after activity and we've basically been running from one end of the sector between each of our appointments everyday and every single day it'd be that time to go home and we'd just be so confused where the time went.

So in Peru (especially Lima), there are TONS of Senezuelans because they basically have to move out of Venezuela and so we decided to have an activity all about Venezuela and celebrate their culture and invited tons of people to celebrate with us. SaliĆ³ BUENASO, they had cultural dances and food and a little presentation and they all almost cried because they really miss their country. It was really moving and it made me really understand them and feel their pain of being basically forced out. Basically meaning I am SO READY to serve and uplift these people!!

This last Sunday I gave my first talk in the mission field which I was so so so nervous about. You only have so much time to prepare it in your personal study and you're still studying for yourself and your amigos and as a mission family and so I didn't have too much confidence in what I prepared going in but during the Sacrament I just tried to focus on feeling the spirit and focusing on the Savior's sacrifice for us and peace and joy just filled me as I did. I didn't feel nervous at all and while I was giving the talk I felt Heavenly Father guiding me and giving me the words to say even beyond what I was planning to talk about before which is crazy because I didn't even know I could speak as much Spanish as I spoke in that talk (and *hopefully* at least some of the members were able to understand me).

Tomorrow we get to go to the temple in the morning (which I am SO excited for) in preparation for Wednesday when Elder Holland comes so basically the next few days are going to be real high points for the Lima Central Mission.

Also something fun about Peru:
There are earthquakes ALL THE TIME which you know really wouldn't be a problem except that yesterday our Ward Mission Leader told us at church "ELDERS I have an URGENT service project" and 'basically what had happened was' that on his roof there is just a huge stack of bricks but they are literally on the very edge of his roof and the last night one fell off and went through his neighbor's roof and so now I'm constantly looking up for falling bricks.

Also just some of my favorite songs from this change:
Because He Lives (Duet with James) - Allyse Smith Taylor
Shine (Piano Solo) - Artist Unknown (for now)
I Will Go and Do (2020 youth theme)

Please please please let me know if there is any way that I can serve any of you or if you need advice or support or anything! Remember that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of you and that you needn't hold on to any griew, sorrow, or pain, because Jesus Christ has already paid for it all. We just need to turn to Him.
Chifa Real in Callao
Dibujando that a member just whipped out in 15 minutes
Venezuela Activity

No comments:

Post a Comment